Status on Mgea Mna + Website Updates

Published on September 18, 2018

A couple weeks ago, I finally released one of my first fully independent games in a REALLY long time. Prior to the release of Mgea Mna VS Dr Weelee, the last game that I have finished and published was a small arcade-style game all the way back in 2012. I have made a couple other attempts at game development, including a dropped project which began in 2014, and was postponed when I began working on Mgea Mna back in 2016. Keep in mind that at the time I never really expected the game to be of any great size so when, after yet again postponing my work to focus on a contest fangame, I decided to cancel my initial project with a plan to eventually bring it back. Anyway, I resumed progress on Mgea Mna in late 2017 and decided to focus entirely on the gameplay aspect, while ignoring the outdated memes since I thought that my initial work on it was too great to just abandon. Unfortunately, the reception for the game appears to be rather negative, and the game is overall unpopular, so I've made my decision to end support for this game, which means that no more updates will be made, and the versions for macOS and Linux have been permanently cancelled. This is due to issues regarding the export modules in the engine used for it, which I can't resolve, and I am certainly not motivated to do so. Regardless, I will do my best to keep making games, and hopefully improve myself in the process.

Additionally I'd like to mention that over the past month or so I've been working towards changing my hosting provider as well as the actual type of hosting that I want to use for my website. That meant I switched from a rather expensive and overbloated shared hosting service to a more than half-price VPS, which despite being significantly more difficult to setup (since I am not a web admin and I am fairly new in this stuff), offers a more consistent and cheaper service. If you saw my website being down from time to time, that's probably because I was trying to get it to work. In any case, the email associated with this domain has been fully set up and is now working as it should, so ultimately I'm rather satisfied with my new setup. If you notice any errors, problems, or other security-related issues, please let me know so I can take a look at them.